In this policy we describe the way Cornish College of the Arts (“Cornish,” “we,” “our,” and/or “us”) guards and uses information collected through regular use of Cornish resources. This policy is intended to be consistent with the provisions of the Internet Security and Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Law, the Personal Privacy Protection Law and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Cornish complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) as it pertains to student records. When you submit your personal information, you are consenting to Cornish holding and using your information in accordance with this policy.
We may collect the following information:
– Your name
– Your email address
– Phone number
– Date of birth
– Employer information
– Program information
– Payment information, including when you add a credit card or payment method to your account, a third party processor receives your card information.
** Cornish does not store full credit card information on our servers.
– Communications: We may keep a record of any correspondence and any information provided.
How we use your information:
– We use the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) you submit and related correspondence for processing and administrative purposes relevant to your relationship with Cornish.
– We may share your PII with internal Cornish systems.
– We do maintain industry standard controls to ensure the security and integrity of any PII we collect.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We receive and retain certain types of information whenever you interact with Cornish and our associated services and platforms. This information may be used to monitor website traffic, assist with the navigation, generate statistics, measure site activity, or other actions intended to improve your experience.
– Non-Personally Identifiable Information includes but is not limited to:
— Referring URL
— Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
— Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
— Date and time pages were visited
— IP (Internet Protocol) address
— Domain name from which you access the internet
— Your general demographic data may be used in surveys compiled by Cornish and shared with our partners.
– To maintain data accuracy and to prevent unauthorized access, and to ensure the appropriate use of information we gather, we have taken reasonable steps to protect the integrity of Cornish systems, platforms, and services and the information contained within.
– While we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, data security is the responsibility of all parties involved, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
You can help protect your account and information by:
*Protecting your personal login information; keep it secure.
*Creating a complex password that would be difficult to guess.
*Avoid storing your password in a place where others can see it.
*Logging out of the Cornish services after use.
*Avoiding posting any personal account information in public forums. This may include posting pictures of account information on social media sites.
– If a government authority requests information or if disclosure is required in order to comply with laws or a legal process, we may disclose your personal information.
– All of the information (personally identifiable and otherwise) in this Policy may be transferred to third parties in the event of sale or merger of Cornish, a transfer of its assets, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
If you have questions or issues regarding the Cornish privacy practices or policies, please contact us by email at: email@example.com or Office of Advancement
Cornish College of the Arts
1000 Lenora St. Seattle, WA 98121
Changes to this Policy